PROGRIP XXL ADHESIVE® is a polymer modified rapid setting cement based tile adhesive designed to install extra-large format ceramic and porcelain floor tiles. This product has superior adhesion properties and is suitable for interior and exterior applications as well as intermittently wet areas. The extended open time and improved workability provides applicators with sufficient time to overcome the difficulties with installing extra-large format tiles which ensures a beautiful level finish. This adhesive has ±12 hours at 25⁰C and 50% humidity.
- Add 5 litres of water to a suitable container.
- Slowly add 20 kg of tile adhesive.
- Mixing with an electric drill and paddle will ensure thorough mixing.
- Mix to a creamy consistency.
- Use within 3 hours.
- Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (A dilution of household bleach is sufficient)
- New floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
Only apply sufficient adhesive to an area as can be tiled within 10 minutes. Use a suitable notched trowel to maintain a minimum bed height of 6-7 mm for floor tiling. As a guide, a 20 kg bag adhesive will cover approximately 2.2 meters using a 20 mm notched trowel on a relatively even surface.