- About Us
- Contact Us
- Be Inspired View more
- Completed Projects
- Privacy and Legal View more
- Showroom Locator
- Italtile Commercial View more
- Account Application
Need Help Buying Online? 010 271 2272
Progrip Flexible Adhesive ® is a ready-mix acrylic adhesive that has many uses.
Tile Flex's high strength thin bed adhesion may be used for sticking tiles to walls and floors onto substrates like primed/painted wood and board, drywall, asbestos, metal, etc.
Tile Flex's quick cure formula allows for quick fixing in almost any situation.
PRO GRIP FLEX ADHESIVE® is a ready to use product and it must not be diluted with water or any other substance.
1.Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed, and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (A dilution of household bleach is sufficient)
2. New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
a. Direct bedding onto new brick walls and concrete surfaces: 6 weeks
b. New plaster walls: 2 weeks
c. New screeded floors: 4 weeks
3. Very smooth surfaces such as steel trowelled and off-shutter concrete must be acid washed to remove laitance and then rinsed thoroughly with cold water and allowed to dry.
4. Painted surfaces, gypsum plasters and surfaces that have old bitumen adhesive on them must be chipped to expose at least 80% of the substrate.
5. Steel surfaces must be sanded to remove rust and then primed with an anti-corrosive primer. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
|Returns||Free exchange or return within 3 months (excludes collection fee)|