Beautiful Living Is Back! We are open and fully operational.
6 Hour Adhesive For All Tile Types
PROGRIP FAST SET ADHESIVE® is a high strength quick setting cement-based polymer modified tile adhesive designed for the installing of ceramic, clay, porcelain, natural stones, and cement-based tiles onto all types of cement-based surfaces as well as other pre-primed surfaces.
It's professional grade adhesive recommended for projects with short turnaround times or for applications that require high compressive strengths like tiled garage floors.
This product is suitable for both wall and floor applications.
- Add 5 litres of water to suitable container.
- Slowly add 20 kg of tile adhesive.
- Mixing with an electric drill and paddle will ensure thorough mixing.
- Mix to a creamy consistency.
- Use within 2 hours.
1.Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed, and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (A dilution of household bleach is sufficient)
2. New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
a. Direct bedding onto new brick walls and concrete surfaces: 6 weeks
b. New plaster walls: 2 weeks
c. New screeded floors: 4 weeks
3. Very smooth surfaces such as steel trowelled and off-shutter concrete must be acid washed to remove laitance and then rinsed thoroughly with cold water and allowed to dry.
4. Painted surfaces, gypsum plasters and surfaces that have old bitumen adhesive on them must be chipped to expose at least 80% of the substrate.
5. Steel surfaces must be sanded to remove rust and then primed with an anti-corrosive primer. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).